In this article, we will review the following:
- Defining the deduction policy
- Scenarios and policy list
- Deduction notification process
- Potential penalties
- What to do if you have a pending deduction
- Related Articles
Deduction Policy Defined:
DeliverThat's deduction policies include a 50% charge of any refund over $40, with a maximum deduction of $100. (The only exception is the Borrowed Equipment from restaurants, which can include a charge of the total cost of the refund.)
Scenarios and list of policies:
If a driver causes a restaurant to request a significant refund, our team will investigate the situation in depth. If a driver is found at fault, they will be responsible for covering a portion of the refund. Click here for a full list of policies and incident types that may result in refunds and deductions.
Deduction notification process
Drivers will receive an email and text documenting the pending deduction and stating the final amount.
Deductions are processed on Mondays and Wednesdays for the previous pay periods.
- Monday - deliveries took between Thursday-Sunday
- Wednesday - deliveries took between Monday-Wednesday
Potential penalties for causing a refund:
- Deduction for 50% of the refund - maximum $100 penalty
- 30-day restrictive policy, which only allows drivers to accept 3 or fewer deliveries
- Must complete 10 deliveries in 30 days without an incident to regain full access to deliveries
- Suspension from the DeliverThat platform
- Removal from the DeliverThat platform for egregious or repeat offenses
What to do if you have a pending deduction or violation:
We understand life happens, and factors outside of your control can impact your ability to complete a delivery. Should you have a scenario where this occurs, please make sure you document your situation. When you receive your email for your pending deduction, you can respond to us immediately with your reasons why this happened and the documentation.
If you have deductions processing that you believe are unwarranted, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of receiving your notice.